The FRT MicroProf® MHU metrology tool with Material Handling Unit (fully automated handling, manual cassette placement), is specially designed for the semiconductor, MEMS, sapphire, and LED industries. Typical applications are measurements of bare and coated, as well as structured wafers at various lithographic process steps. Due to a robotic arm with two vacuum end effectors, the tool has very high throughput rates of up to 220 wafers per hour. It is capable of processing wafer sizes from 2 to 8 inches. Up to 4 open cassettes can be processed and, additionally, there is the option to integrate a pre-aligner and an OCR reader.
The option for two-sided sample measurement allows the simultaneous measurement of the top and bottom surface with determination of the sample thickness, total thickness variation (TTV) and various surface parameters such as roughness, waviness and flatness of both sides. A complete wafer shape measurement is also possible with analysis of the global and local wafer parameters. A wafer sorting function is available, which is adjustable according to customer requirements. Based on SurfaceSens technology, additional sensors can be retrofitted later. A further application of the MicroProf MHU is the layer thickness determination of thin films, as well as layer stacks, measurement of step heights, bumps, vias (TSVs), trenches, etc.
With its fully SEMI-compliant design, robust hardware components and high throughput, the FRT MicroProf MHU is the perfect metrology solution for production use.
- Material Handling Unit with dual arm vacuum grabber
- Optional edge handling and/or non-contact handling
- Different wafer sizes (from 2 up to 8 inches) in the same tool
- Optional OCR reader and pre-aligner
- Maximum flexibility thanks to multi-sensor setup
- Simultaneous measurement on both wafer sides (TTV)
- Fully automated recipe operation with FRT Acquire Automation XT software
- Optional SECS/GEM interface
- Sample sorting function, set up according to customer requirements
- Optional filter fan units, ISO class 4 clean room condition
Panel Metrology and Inspection Tool for Advanced Semiconductor PackagingLearn More >
Material Handling Unit with dual-arm robot for the semiconductor, MEMS, and LED industriesLearn More >
Multi-sensor technology and hybrid metrology for MEMS and foundriesLearn More >
Fully automated metrology for front-end applicationsLearn More >
High-precision optical surface inspection for semiconductor applicationsLearn More >
Flexible multi-sensor metrology tool for advanced packagingLearn More >